The Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) is holding a series of virtual meetings in an effort to modernize its Civil Works programs through various policy initiatives.
According to the Corps, a primary focus of the modernization effort is to serve the needs of Tribal Nations and other disadvantaged and underserved communities. The Army seeks Tribal input to help shape future decision-making related to Tribal Consultation Policy, Tribal Partnership Program, National Historic Preservation Act, Principles, Requirements, and Guidelines, and Environmental Justice Policy.
The Corps held an overview meeting on June 22, 2022. The schedule for follow up virtual meetings with tribes is provided below.
- July 7th from 1pm to 3pm ET meeting on tribal issues generally.
- July 12th from 2pm to 4pm ET meeting on tribal issues generally.
- July 19th from 2pm to 4pm ET meeting on Appendix C.
- July 21st from 1pm to 3pm ET meeting on Principles, Requirements, and Guidelines.
- July 27th from 1pm to 3pm ET meeting on Environmental Justice.
Registration for these meetings is required. More information, background materials, and registration links for each of the meetings can be found at the news release available here.
Patterson Earnhart Real Bird & Wilson LLP works with the White House, members of Congress, and federal officials to advance the interests of its clients. To learn more about how we can assist your tribe, contact our Washington D.C. office at (202) 340-8232.